Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.35 Release Notes
NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES
- When sending to a "best fit" name, if there
is more than one fit, the server will tell you that the name is not unique (it
will no longer send to the first best-fit match).
- The chatgroup and friends commands now
require that you type in an exact match for the user's name. Previously it
worked on "best fit".
- You should no longer get the "All chat groups are
- Loot dropping on slopes in dungeons should
no longer fall through the floor.
- When you zone, you now stay on your
selected chat window tab.
- Stores now show correct Platinum and
Mithril (x1000 instead of x100)
- When you release a pet, the pet's health
bar no longer remains on screen.
- When switching chat tabs with full chat
buffers - random messages are no longer printed at the bottom of the
- When you scroll down in the Trade Skill
window then switch trade skills, the window resets to the first
- Light teal enamel no longer causes
funkiness in the character selection screen (would force a robed
- Buffs that are refreshed no longer inherit
blinking from previous buffs.
- Off-hand usable and two-handed is now shown
when right-clicking on an item in a store.
- Bard-type classes can now drop instruments
in their ranged weapons slot to more easily switch between them.
- Bard-type instruments with stat buffs now
correctly add in to a player's stats when the instrument is held.
- Bard-type instruments should now "con"
correctly. They also show correct condition, durability, etc.
- You cannot FOLLOW or STICK to an opponent
unless you are relatively close to them. A STICK now breaks if the target
gets outside of a certain range.
- A new command has been added, /FACE, that
allows to you auto-face a target (for mages and archers).
- DPS instead of Damage is now shown when
right clicking on weapons.
- You can now click on other monsters and
players while you are /FOLLOWing a target without breaking the
- Class names now show the first four
characters (instead of the first three) in the looking for group
- Pets should now properly award realm points
in RVR combat when they strike the killing blow.
- Pets now should trigger task kills on task
monsters when striking the killing blow.
- When you right click on an item and sell it
- the item now correctly disappears from the quickview window.
- The /MACRO command has been changed to be
/MACRO <name> <text> to allow you to better name your
- Magical item levels now show properly in
the quickview window.
- When you hand in a shield to be repaired or
enchanted, the shield is now re-readied properly in your left hand.
- Stats over 200 (when buffed) now print
properly in the character screen.
- The "open door" key selects a monster as
the target when he is in front of you (if there is no door).
- Repair cost of fast weapons has been
reduced since they lose condition more quickly.
- In a city, the /STUCK command takes you to
a safe spot in the middle of the city when you are stuck.
- Consignments no longer count towards the
max number of tasks you can do for a level.
- You now get a dialog confirmation when
choosing your trade skill profession.
- Archer classes now have a chance of
becoming visible when they nock their arrow. The way it worked up until now is
that archers would always be invisible if they were using stealth until they
fired their bow. Now, a skill check is performed when they "nock" their arrow.
If they fail the check, they become visible. The chance to become visible is
based on their specialization in Stealth. On normal (i.e. NOT critical shots),
if they are 50% specc'ed in stealth, they will have a 50% chance of becoming
visible; if they are 100% specc'ed, they will have a 100% chance of remaining
hidden. On Critical Shots, the chance is the same as a normal shot, minus 20% -
so an archer max specced in stealth will have an 80% of remaining hidden after
nocking his bow. Please note that in all cases, an archer will become visible
once the shot is actually fired.
- You can no longer hide when your arrow is
in-flight (before it hits your opponent).
- You now will correctly block/evade/parry
when not in combat mode. A bug was preventing you from using these abilities
when not in combat mode.
- Cloth armor factors fixed - they were
printing as too high for your level and were degrading too quickly as a result.
They should now "con" and degrade correctly.
- Better /WHO filter - you can now type /WHO
<TEXT> <LEVEL> to see people who match a certain text and level
range. The Level range can be <1-5> or <10> or any
- /FRIENDS command has been changed to work
like the /IGNORE command. You now type /FRIEND <name> to add or
remove a friend or just /FRIENDS to see you current friends list.
- When you are aiming a bow, you don't
- When attacking a keep door with a weapon
(NOT a siege weapon), now the correct damage is printed - it was printing your
- As one Realm controls more and more keeps
in an enemy frontier, those keeps will spawn fewer and fewer
- Material text now prints correctly for
Bardic-Class type instruments in stores.
- Enchanters were charging a bit too much for
their services. This has been fixed - you'll note that enchanting armor/weapons
is now cheaper.
- Enemy Realm guards should no longer follow
you into a Realm's home area.
- Many new weapon models have been added.
These are special weapons that cannot be purchased in stores. You can craft them
or receive them as quest bounty. Please note that it will be a week or so before
you'll start seeing them pop up in game; however, you are downloading them
- The Kobold Ring in Midgard is now
configured correctly. It was inadvertently set to require 3000 trains in a
random skill to now use.
- The Pitted Drake Talon in Albion should now
look like a dagger.
- The Carved Sphene Ring in Hibernia now adds
to the Piercing skill.
- The level epic Friar staff now adds to the
- The rest of the epic cloaks in Albion can
now take emblems.
- The rats in Skona should now drop a tails
that can be sold.
- The Flame Helm in Midgard can now be
- There were some items in the Spraggon Den
and Ursine Lair that had resistances set too high. These items have been
replaced with duplicates that have slightly lower resistances on them to bring
them in line with all other resistance items. If you already have any of the
original items the resistances on them will not be affected in any
- The leaky ceilings in some buildings in
Camelot have been fixed, and it no longer rains in them.
- continued addition of high level encounters
in the home region.
- The black lion and lioness in Camp. forest
have been adjusted so they are more accessible.
- a new horse route has been added in Midgard
between Ft. Atla and Mularn (in both directions)
Duplicate Named NPCs in Midgard fixed:
-Hedin in Gna Faste is now
-Hedin in Huginfell is now
-Ingrid in Mularn is now
-Svala in Audliten is now
-Tait in E. Svealand is now
-Ozur in E. Svealand is now
-Dalla of Jordheim is now
-Bersi of Galplen is now
-Halla of Jordheim is now
- Krek and Glum now give correct directions
- Gordin Tuhan no longer spits out text not
related to the quest.
- Halla gives out her quest now.
- The name Njessi is now correctly spelled in
the Silent Death Quest.
-Sapherds, pine imps, and wood imps have
experienced a time of weakening. Their melee offense, defense, and their
hit points have been tweaked down a bit.
- The leaky ceilings in some buildings in Tir
na Nog have been fixed, and it no longer rains in them.
- The roaming merchant Achaius in Lough Derg
is now set so he'll pretty much follow the road rather than roam the
- Added two more named guards: Sentinel
Eimile in Ardagh, and Sentinel Moya in Ardee.
- Added poison venders in the nightshade
training room in Tir na Nog.
- Players on the Balance of Nature quest were
supposed to remove the creature Sabha by offering it fish. The trainer wasn't
giving them fish, so they were just killing Sabha rather than talking. Players
that are on that step but don't have fish to give Sabha can see Caoimhe, in
Ardee, for some fish.
-Some adjustments are being made to the parthanan
fields. Currently, only one (Lough Gur) of the four parthanan fields has
been adjusted. More adjustments to that field and the other fields will
make their way into the zone in the near future.
- Spiritmaster pets now look
- Increased damage of Skald battle
- The lines of the Warden spell Nature's Ward
with different target types no longer overwrite each other. This means you can
now have the self-cast bladeturn and the "cast on others"
- The Enchanter spell Lesser Disenchanting
Emission is now awarded at L16. This isn't the perfect level since the next
upgrade comes at L20 (instead of 21), but it is now at least available. Note
that the name of this spell, and the one following have had their names changed
to Lesser Disenchanting Emission and Disenchanting Emission.
- Area effect upgrades to Healer and Shaman
stun and mesmerize shouts no longer overwrite the non-area effect
- The area effect versions of the Bard
Lullaby no longer overwrite the original
non-area effect version
- Theurgist pets should now work correctly in